Events are a key driver of economic activity and can form part of a place’s identity. They also promote and enhance social cohesion and wellbeing in the community.
This draft strategy outlines how Council will focus on supporting the growth and attraction of destination events, as well as increasing the economic benefits of events, achieved through a suggested implementation framework. The draft focusses on and distinguishes between two types of events:
- Destination Events: Events that attract visitors from outside the region.
- Community events: Events mainly for residents of Warrnambool and the surrounding Shires that Warrnambool serve as a service hub.
The four strategic priorities over the coming four years will be to:
1. Identify and nurture fit for purpose events.
2. Maximise events’ contribution to the local economy.
3. Empower and enable community and industry to deliver successful events.
4. Ensure events are socially, environmentally, and economically sustainable.
After reading the draft strategy, please share your thoughts via the embedded survey below.
Alternatively responses can be send via:
Mail: Attn Events Department, PO Box 198, Warrnambool, Vic 3280.